By David A. Patterson, John L. Hennessy
The computing global this day is in the course of a revolution: cellular consumers and cloud computing have emerged because the dominant paradigms riding programming and innovation at the present time. The 5th variation of Computer Architecture makes a speciality of this dramatic shift, exploring the ways that software program and know-how within the cloud are accessed through mobile phones, capsules, laptops, and different cellular computing units. each one bankruptcy contains real-world examples, one cellular and one datacenter, to demonstrate this innovative change.
- Updated to hide the cellular computing revolution
- Emphasizes the 2 most crucial subject matters in structure this present day: reminiscence hierarchy and parallelism in all its forms.
- Develops universal subject matters all through each one bankruptcy: energy, functionality, expense, dependability, defense, programming types, and rising developments ("What's Next")
- Includes 3 evaluate appendices within the revealed textual content. extra reference appendices can be found online.
- Includes up-to-date Case reviews and fully new exercises.
Read Online or Download Computer Architecture: A Quantitative Approach (5th Edition) PDF
Similar technology books
Lifestyles for early people wasn't effortless. they might were capable of stroll on toes and create instruments four million years in the past, yet they couldn't take into accout or speak. thankfully, humans acquired smarter, and issues acquired higher. They remembered on-the-spot options and shared the precious info in their reviews.
On account that Fidel Castro's victory in Cuba in January 1959 the us have been involved that any switch of presidency in a critical American kingdom will not be herald an identical Soviet-backed communist regime; and to avoid this it has constructed quite a number responses, from direct army intervention, via aid of neighborhood armies, to diplomatic isolation and fiscal blockade.
Mixed with the 2 different Crash direction books, electronic expertise and Microprocessor know-how, this e-book types a whole direction in electronics and microcomputer expertise acceptable for technical colleges, commercial education, and hobbyists. Crash direction in Electronics expertise teaches the fundamentals of electronics, elements, and circuits in an easy-to-understand layout.
- New Developments in Sensing Technology for Structural Health Monitoring
- Advanced Technology in Teaching - Proceedings of the 2009 3rd International Conference on Teaching and Computational Science (WTCS 2009): Volume 2: Education, Psychology and Computer Science
- Future Imperfect: Technology and Freedom in an Uncertain World
- Chips 2020, Volume 2: New Vistas in Nanoelectronics (The Frontiers Collection)
- Composite Materials in Maritime Structures, Volume 2 (Cambridge Ocean Technology Series (No. 5))
Extra resources for Computer Architecture: A Quantitative Approach (5th Edition)
However, environmental issues and the unpleasant dependence on oil led to the resurgence of interest in EVs in the 1960s. Growth in the enabling technologies added to environmental and economic concerns over the next several decades, increasing the demand for investing in research and development for EVs. 1 Top-level perspective of an EV system. vehicles. The trend increases today, with EVs serving as zero-emission vehicles, and hybrid electric vehicles already filling in for ultralow-emission vehicles.
EV: top speed, 40 mph; range, 100 mi/charge • 1912—34,000 EVs registered; EVs outnumber gas-powered vehicles 2-to-1 • 1915—Woods EV: top speed, 40 mph; range, 100 mi/charge • 1915—Lansden EV: weight, 2460 Ib, top speed, 93 mi/charge, capacity, 1 ton payload • 1920s—EVs disappear, and ICEVs become predominant The factors that led to the disappearance of EV after its short period of success were as follows: 1. Invention of starter motor in 1911 made gas vehicles easier to start. 2. Improvements in mass production of Henry T (gas-powered car) vehicles sold for $260 in 1925, compared to $850 in 1909.
GM Impact 3 (1993 completed): a. Based on 1990 Impact displayed at the Los Angeles auto show b. Two-passenger, two-door coupe, street legal and safe c. Initially, 12 built for testing; 50 built by 1995 to be evaluated by 1000 potential customers d. System and characteristics: i. Motor—one, three-phase induction motor; 137 hp; 12,000 rev/m ii. Battery pack—lead-acid (26), 12 V batteries connected in series (312 V), 869 lb iii. Motor drive—DC-to-AC inverter using insulated gate bipolar transistors (IGBTs) iv.